IntelliJ is downloaded and installed. The Scala plugin for IntelliJ is also installed.
It is unbelievable how simple the process was. I had never used IntelliJ before, but I am a user and fan of their PyCharm and CLion tools.
1. Create a new Scala project
2. Make sure Project SDK and Scala SDK are properly set
3. Write, compile, and test a small Scala program
Ctrl-Shift-F9 to compile
Ctrl-Shift-F10 to run
4. Download Chisel from Maven repository
I picked up the following version: edu.berkeley.cs:chisel_2.11:2.2.26
5. Write, compile, and test a small Scala program
One gotcha I encountered was the name of the source file (HelloWorld.scala) needed to match the name of the object containing main function call.
Post a Comment